KUALA LUMPUR, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia (APHM) is again organising another major medical & healthcare event – the annual APHM International Healthcare Conference & Exhibition at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre in Malaysia on 15 – 17 June 2015. This is their 23rd event, since the year 1993, making theirs one of the longest and largest healthcare events in the region. This year, the Minister of Health Malaysia, Datuk Seri Dr. S. Subramaniam will be gracing the event.
The 1-day APHM International Nursing Conference and 1-day APHM Medico-Legal Conference (jointly organised with the Medico Legal Society of Malaysia) will also be held at the same time in conjunction with the Main Conference and Exhibition. This year, APHM expects over 200 booths of both local and international exhibitors from China, New Zealand, Singapore & Malaysia and more than 600 conference delegates from middle to top management personnel from the private and public healthcare sectors with over 1500 exhibition visitors from the public, visiting the booths.
The theme this year is "Managing Today’s Hospitals in the Current Regulatory Environment," a timely topic for the theme, in view of the current economic situation where new regulatory systems are being put in place to manage the country’s economy, in particularly the healthcare industry.
It began with the far-reaching Private Healthcare Facilities & Services Act (PHFSA) in 1998, followed by the PHFSA Regulations in 2006. Since then there has been a barrage of regulations: Competition Act, Medical Devices Act, Goods & Services Tax and the Malaysian National Medicines Policy. In between there has been a raft of policy requirements ranging from protocols for renal transplantation through to the imposition of manpower policies for registered Nurses.
Are these simply adding to the cost of doing business or is healthcare quality actually improving as a result?
Hear from both industry players and regulators. The experts speaking at the event includes:
- Keynote speaker: Senator Dato’ Sri Idris Jala, Minister in Prime Minister’s Office & Chief Executive Officer, Performance Management and Delivery Unit (PEMANDU)
- Mike Wagner, Executive Director, The Advisory Board Company, USA
- Paula Wilson, President and CEO, Joint Commission Resources and Joint Commission International
- Dr. Wong Chiang Yin, Group CEO & Executive Director, TMC Life Sciences Berhad
- Dato Abdul Latif Hj Abu Seman, Deputy Director General, Malaysia Productivity Corporation
- Dr. Ahmad Razid Salleh, Director, Medical Practice Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Zamane bin Abdul Rahman, Chief Executive, Medical Device Authority, Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Darryl Goon, Management Partner & Head of Dispute Resolution, Raja, Darryl & Loh
- Prof Dato’ Sri Dr. Abu Hassan Asaari bin Abdullah, Council Member, Malaysian Medical Council
- Ahmad Shahizam Mohd Shariff, CEO, Malaysian Operations Division, Parkway Pantai Ltd
- Dato’ Eisah Abdul Rahman, Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Services Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia
The exhibition will showcase some of the latest medical equipment, medical devices and disposables, hospital information systems, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, healthcare educational programmes etc. Exhibition spaces are very limited as over 80% are booked. Please contact the organiser immediately, for the opportunity to showcase your products and services directly to the top management and decision makers of the private & public hospitals at this premier healthcare event.