LONDON, May 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The North American ophthalmology surgery devices market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2014 to 2019. The market holds a high potential for growth in the future due to a number of forces favoring growth. These include increasing aging population and rising prevalence of ocular disorders. The continuous evolution of minimally invasive surgical techniques, followed by less intraoperative time consumption and minimal hospital stay are various other factors that are contributing to the growth of this market.
The market is segmented based on product type and end users. The market, by product, includes cataract surgery devices, glaucoma surgery devices, refractive surgery devices, and vitreoretinal surgery devices. The cataract surgery devices segment holds the highest share in the market. These devices are further classified as IOL, OVD, and phacoemulsification devices. IOL is divided into monofocal, multifocal, toric, and accommodating devices. OVD is divided into cohesive, dispersive, and combination devices. Glaucoma devices are classified as GDD, implants and stents, and lasers and systems. Refractive devices are further classified as refractive treatment devices and refractive flap-making devices, which include excimer lasers and YAG lasers, microkeratome, and femtosecond lasers.
Hospitals and private eye clinics are the major end users of ophthalmology surgical devices (OSD) market. Private eye clinics hold the high share in the ophthalmology surgical devices. Geographically, the North American region is segmented into the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, with the U.S. holding the major market share.
The report has profiled the leading players of this market along with the strategies (new product launches and partnerships, agreements and collaborations) adopted to sustain and strengthen their positions in the market. These companies include Abbott Laboratories (U.S.), Alcon, Inc. ( Switzerland), Allergan, Inc. (U.S.), Bausch & Lomb, Inc. (U.S.), Carl Zeiss Meditec AG ( Germany), Essilor International S.A. ( France), Nidek Co. Ltd.( Japan), Topcon Corporation ( Japan), and STAAR Surgical Company (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, usage patterns, emerging- and high-growth segments of the North American ophthalmology surgery devices market, high-growth regions and countries and their respective regulatory policies, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Product Analysis and development: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the North American ophthalmology surgery devices market. Usage patterns/penetration rate (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise), purchasing data, comprehensive coverage of product approvals, patent analysis, pipeline products and product recalls are included.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets across geographies, new distribution channels, new clientele bases, and different pricing policies.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market. Detailed description regarding related and unrelated diversification pertaining to this market.
• Epidemiology Data: The prevalence and patient pool for this market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, company share analysis of the key players forecasted till 2019.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2911170/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers