— Consumers in the United States are the Most Heavily Marketed to in the World
BOSTON, Feb. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Advertising spend in the U.S. totaled $181 billion in 2014, accounting for over a third of the global advertising market. This translates to an ad spend of $567 per person in 2014, according to the latest report from Strategy Analytics, Global Advertising Market Forecast Outlook. Australian’s were the second most marketed to population with an average ad spend per person of $486, followed by Norway with $472.
Click here for the report: http://bit.ly/1ALEYHl
"To put this in perspective advertising spend per capita in the United States is 121 times larger than India and 16 times larger than China," said Leika Kawasaki, Analyst and author of the report. "China which has the second largest advertising market globally has the second lowest average spend per capita at $35 per person."
TV continues to account for the largest share of advertising dollars in the U.S. though digital is closing the gap. In 2014, TV accounted for 43% of total ad spend in the United States where it accounts for over a third (37%) of the total global TV ad spend.
Other key findings from this report include:
- Australia and Japan are the only Asia Pacific countries in the top 10 in average ad spend per capita.
- All four Nordic countries made the top 10 average spend per capita. In terms of market size these four are in the bottom ten.
- Western Europe ($264) has the second largest average spend per capita, however, it is less than 50% of North America ($541).
- Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa combined accounted for three-quarters of the world’s population but have the lowest average advertising spend per capita.
- TV ad spend per TV households in the U.S. is 46 times larger than India.
- Australia tops average digital ad spend per internet user in 2014, but its digital advertising market accounted for less than 3% of global digital ad spend.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
US Contact: Leika Kawasaki, +1-617-614-0738, firstname.lastname@example.org