— The Sena 10C Gives Motorcycle Riders and Action Sports Athletes the Ability to Communicate, Listen to Music, Add Live Soundtracks and Record HD Video in a Single Device —
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Sena Technologies, Inc., the global leader in Bluetooth Innovation for the motorsports, action sports and outdoor sports lifestyles, has announced the official release of the 10C Motorcycle Bluetooth ® Camera & Communication System for motorcyclists and action sports athletes. The 10C combines Sena’s leadership in Bluetooth communications technology with its world-class high-definition camera designs into a single device. Users with the 10C can enjoy crystal-clear intercom and phone communications while having the ability to record high-definition video, listen to music and record music playing from connected mobile devices as live soundtracks – all in the same device. The 10C features an aerodynamic unibody design, revolutionary Bluetooth 4.1 technology and is firmware upgradeable to ensure that it always stays current with the latest features.
“Since our entrance in the motorcycle and power sports markets, we’ve been absolutely committed to innovating solutions that truly fill the unmet needs of riders as we move into the next generation of technology,” said Tae Kim, president and CEO of Sena Technologies, Inc. “We were the first company to enable riders and athletes the ability to capture intercom communications between people, and record those conversations to video. So it’s only natural that we’ve taken the best features from our industry-leading communication units and combined them with world-class audio action camera technology to form a single device that allows users to document a ride in one seamless system. Even better: For the first time ever, riders can narrate their own videos and mix in music soundtracks from songs playing on their phones, while they ride.”
- Similar to Sena’s other products, the 10C is extremely intuitive and features voice prompts which tells the rider which mode the 10C is in. The device mounts to the left side of a helmet using Sena’s unique clamp system and the camera lens can adjust up to 30 degrees to be compatible with a wide variety of installations.
- The built-in camera technology records video at resolutions of 1080p at 30 frames-per-second or 720p at 60 frames-per-second.
- The included microphone also allows users to record their voice to their video while also enjoying four-way intercom communication up to 1.6 kilometers (1.0 mile) with Universal Intercom™ technology.
- The 10C’s unique photo modes allow users to capture 3.5 megapixel photos in single, burst or time lapse modes with the simple press of a button.
- In addition, the headset features Advanced Noise Control™, music sharing, built-in FM radio tuner, easy operation with a versatile jog dial, an external antenna. The 10Cs settings can be adjusted using the Sena smartphone app available for iPhone and Android.
- Another feature that sets the 10C apart from other action cameras is Sena’s Smart Audio Mix™ technology that allows users the ability to mix their voice and music directly to the video as its being recorded.
- The 10C also features a new technology called video tagging, which provides users the ability record 60 seconds of past video, the current 60 seconds of video and a future 60 seconds of video with just the press of a button ensuring that none of the action is missed on a ride.
- Intuitive design allows the 10C system to manage battery life according to features used.
Recording voice communications to the video gives rider’s the ability to capture the excitement of a ride as it happens providing a more realistic and compelling recording of the ride. To complement its other game-changing features, the 10C works seamlessly with the recently released Sena Handlebar Remote, allowing riders to control their devices without having to take their hands off the handlebar. The Handlebar Remote clamps on the left grip of a motorcycle and gives users the ability to control their devices remotely. Its creative design renders the 10C even safer and allows users to control several functions of the jog dial and phone button like answer a phone call or control their music with just the press of a button.
The 10C is now available on BuySena and through our retailers across North America for the price of $349 and like all Sena products, the 10C is firmware upgradable and includes Sena’s industry- leading two-year warranty.
For more information about the 10C, as well as the full Sena product line, please visit www.Sena.com.
About Sena Technologies Inc.
Sena is the global leader in Bluetooth Innovation for the motorsports, action sports and outdoor sports lifestyles – enabling real-time communication and optimal performance in the thick of the action. Since its first and flagship product, the SMH10 Bluetooth intercom/headset for Motorcycle helmets, the most cutting-edge technological designs have allowed riders across powersports and motocross to change the way they communicate while charging tracks and courses worldwide. With cyclists, action sports and outdoor sports enthusiasts taking advantage of its impressive communications and onboard technologies – coupled with its sheer innovation in creating new perspectives with Bluetooth audio action camera technology – Sena is enhancing the lives of speed demons and action-seekers for the better. Sena currently offers its products worldwide through its global network of distributors, retailers and OEM partners.
SOURCE Sena Technologies, Inc.