Investment Analysis of the North American Big Data Analytics Industry : An Industry Where Investors Invest and Exit at the Same Multiple, Yet Make Profits
NEW YORK, Sept. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — This study analyzes the private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) investments in the North American Big data analytics industry. It provides an overview of the industry, a sneak peek into its value chain, and an analysis of the main trends affecting the industry. It discusses in detail the historical PE and VC investments in the industry with a historical analysis. The study analyzes investments across the timeline of companies to understand when they are most likely to raise funding and the amount of funding that a successful firm requires. M&A and IPOs are estimated when investors are likely to exit.
Social media and the Internet of Things (IoT) are fueling the growth of Big Data analytics (BDA) firms. Enterprises are also leveraging the huge data warehouses existing within the firm in ERPs and other internal systems.
– North America is the largest market accounting for most of the opportunities.
– The banking and financial services vertical leads in the adoption of Big Data.
– Data discovery and visualization (DDV) and advanced analytics (AA) are the two categories of solutions available, with the former being the lower priced.
– Certain legal regulations affect the extent to which analytics solutions can collect or mine data to provide insights.
– The North American BDA industry is fairly nascent, with venture capital (VC) investors accounting for a large chunk of the deal volume.
– An overwhelming majority of firms complete their funding activities within ?– years of incorporation. Funding after the 5th year is usually backed by private equity (PE) investors
– The median duration between funding rounds is just over a year.
– Mergers and acquisitions (M&As) are the preferred form of exit for investors in this industry.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03191375-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001