BOSTON, April 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The Domain Registrar EnCirca announces special pricing for X-Rated top-level domains. EnCirca is offering brand owners special pricing to protect their trademarks in the new X-rated top-level domains launching this spring for just $13 per domain name. The pricing is normally $99/year or higher.
In addition, during the month of April, EnCirca will be offering a $39 package covering one name in all three adult-related extensions: .XXX, .Porn and .Adult. This works out to be $13 per domain name in each extension. The normal pricing for these three domains would total $297/year.
The policies for these new extensions will be similar to .XXX. That is, they are intended for websites with adult-related sexual content. However, brand owners can simply let the domains stay dark so they cannot be found on the Internet.
.Adult and .Porn are launching simultaneously with four priority launch phases:
- March 2-31 – Sunrise Period for trademarks in the Trademark Clearinghouse
- April 6-30 – Sunrise B – for owners of .XXX Blocks registered in 2011
- May 6-31 – Domain Matching – for owners of .XXX domains as of April 30, 2015
- June 4 – General Availability begins (pricing is $99/year per TLD)
A trademark registration is not required for the Sunrise B or Domain Matching phases. Here is how EnCirca special brand protection package works:
- The brand owners order the 3-domain package between April 1 through April 30
- The .XXX domain name is registered immediately in April
- The .Adult and .Porn domain names are then registered during the Domain Matching phase in May
Brand owners who skip this opportunity will pay $99 per domain name starting in June. The brand protection special offers the best way for trademark owners to ensure that their brands are not cyber squatted on or used as an adult website in .XXX, .Porn and .Adult.
More details and brand protection specials can be found at http://www.encirca.com/adult/
EnCirca has been helping brand owners protect their trademarks in all of the Generic Top-Level-Domains since its formation in 2001. EnCirca is also a Trademark Agent for the Trademark Clearinghouse and provides customized registration solutions for restricted TLD’s, including community-based TLDs and dot-brand TLDs.