Join bp’s Bernard Looney, Anglo American’s Mark Cutifani and Shell’s Maarten Wetselaar as event assesses impact of energy transition on natural resources sector
LONDON/HOUSTON/SINGAPORE, Sept. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — This year will prove pivotal for the energy sector. But as the world regroups from the Covid-19 pandemic, the challenge of limiting the impact of climate change has been brought into sharp relief and will be taken up in earnest at the COP26 summit in Glasgow this November.
Ahead of COP26, as companies across the energy and natural resources value chain lay the foundations of an unprecedented effort to decarbonise the globe’s energy matrix, Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk company (Nasdaq: VRSK), will gather industry leaders at its annual Global Energy Summit. The digital event will run from 28 September to 8 October.
At this year’s Global Energy Summit, Wood Mackenzie’s experts and guests will debate the critical issues affecting the energy and natural resources sector, including:
- What would a 2-degree pathway mean for commodities?
- How will we meet the world’s electrification ambitions?
- Which technologies will be the winners and the losers?
- Who will finance the transition to low-carbon energy?
- Can the energy and natural resources sector adapt to the emerging challenges?
Wood Mackenzie’s world-leading experts and invited guest speakers from industry, finance and government will tackle these issues and more.
Keynote speakers at the plenary week include:
- Bernard Looney, Chief Executive Officer of bp
- Maarten Wetselaar, Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions Director, Shell
- Tengku Muhammed Taufik, President and Group Chief Executive Officer, Petronas
- Mark Cutifani, Chief Executive Officer, Anglo American
- Anne Hoskins, Chief Policy Officer, Sunrun
- Michael Lee, Chief Executive Officer, Octopus Energy USA
- Jonathan Posen, Head of Strategy for Sustainable Investing, BlackRock
Summit attendees will also be part of a global network and will be able to connect, learn and share with peers across the world via our event communities and one-on-one meeting tool.
As well as the plenary sessions, keynote interviews and panel discussions, this year Wood Mackenzie’s Global Energy Summit offers delegates the opportunity to mix live as well as sector-dedicated sessions with on-demand content via our inaugural Focus Week, from 4-8 October.
Inaugural Focus Week offers new opportunities
Focus Week allows delegates to take a deeper dive into their specific areas of interest. Access to the Focus Week is included in all event tickets, and will include:
- Five individual live sessions across the week of 4-8 October (one per day, per region)
- On-demand access to all live session recordings (all global content included)
- Access to exclusively released event content via your own event library, for you to consume at your own pace
Each day has a specific focus:
- 4 October – From Oil to Energy: strategies for the transition
- 5 October – Now or Never: getting gas and LNG ready for net zero
- 6 October – The Energy Transition: start of the hardest chapter
- 7 October – Upstream Oil and Gas: Record Cash Flows and Peak Uncertainty
- 8 October – The Metals Supercycle: a windfall for all or just the few?
To reserve your place at Wood Mackenzie’s Global Energy Summit and Focus Week, or for further information, please follow this link.
About Wood Mackenzie:
Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk Analytics business, is a trusted source of commercial intelligence for the world’s natural resources sector. We empower clients to make better strategic decisions, providing objective analysis and advice on assets, companies and markets. For more information, visit: www.woodmac.com or follow us on Twitter @WoodMackenzie
WOOD MACKENZIE is a trademark of Wood Mackenzie Limited and is the subject of trademark registrations and/or applications in the European Community, the USA and other countries around the world.
Verisk (Nasdaq:VRSK) provides predictive analytics and decision support solutions to customers in the insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services industries. More than 70 percent of the FORTUNE 100 relies on the company’s advanced technologies to manage risks, make better decisions and improve operating efficiency. The company’s analytic solutions address insurance underwriting and claims, fraud, regulatory compliance, natural resources, catastrophes, economic forecasting, geopolitical risks, as well as environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the company continues to make the world better, safer and stronger, and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture where all team members feel they belong. With more than 100 offices in nearly 35 countries, Verisk consistently earns certification by Great Place to Work. For more: Verisk.com, LinkedIn, Tw
For further speaking and programme enquiries, please contact Wood Mackenzie’s Events team: Julie Mayeras +44 79 6648 0484 firstname.lastname@example.org Katie Flynn +1 346 998 9535 Katie.email@example.com Media enquiries: Anthea Pitt +44 330 124 9436 firstname.lastname@example.org Ann Lee +65 6518 0823 email@example.com