CITIC Securities Named as an Inaugural Partner
BEIJING, August 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — China Finance Online Co. Limited (“China Finance Online”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ GS: JRJC), a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors online access to stocks, commodities and wealth management products, today announced that it has launched China’s first independent web-based securities trading platform, “Zhengquantong (“Securities Master”)”, on the leading financial portals it operates, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com. Securities Master is the product of a new strategic partnership China Finance Online has entered into with the largest brokerage firm in China, CITIC Securities Co., Ltd. (SHA: 600030) (“CITIC”), to seamlessly integrate China Finance Online’s state-of-the-art, web-based architecture with CITIC’s robust trading and settlement system.
Securities Master has been designed as a fully integrated securities-trading platform that will be easily accessible to investors through a highly-intuitive user interface via computers, smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs. By creating a simple and seamless experience for retail investors to access market information, open accounts and trade in real-time, investors will be able to manage their finances more effectively and efficiently via Securities Master. For the first time, active investors will have fast access to online securities trading with professional-level market data, analytics, research reports, as well as real-time online advisory services to facilitate trading decisions.
“We are extremely excited to form this groundbreaking partnership with CITIC, given China’s accelerating financial and investment reforms and the liberalization of financial instruments available to Chinese investors,” stated Mr. Zhiwei Zhao, Chairman and CEO of China Finance Online. “By bringing together leaders in both brokerage services and internet finance, we are creating a leading-edge integrated financial service ecosystem for Chinese investors. In addition to enhancing our online trading capabilities, we will also collaborate with our partners in wealth management, investment advisory and other value-added internet finance service offerings. Going forward, we will continue to leverage, expand and optimize our innovative and comprehensive financial platform for China’s growing population of retail investors, further strengthening our foundation for monetization.”
As China’s leading financial information center, the Company’s portals, jrj.com and stockstar.com, have aggregated a large user base of over tens of millions of monthly active users. By providing accurate, consistent and reliable financial information to Chinese investors for over a decade, the Company’s expertise and value proposition in internet finance have been widely recognized by major financial services providers like CITIC, as well as the wider investment community. Through this partnership with CITIC, the new web-based securities trading platform will enable both companies to quickly transfer their current user bases to online securities trading system as well as to expand and attract new users.
Conference Call Information
The Company will hold a conference call on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 7:30 am Eastern Time or 7:30 pm Beijing Time to discuss the web-based financial portals in more detail.
The replay will be accessible through August 26, 2014 by dialing the following numbers:
About China Finance Online
China Finance Online Co. Limited is a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors access to stocks, commodities and wealth management products. The Company’s two prominent flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, are ranked as top financial websites in China. In addition to the web-based securities trading platform, the Company offers basic financial software, information services and securities investment advisory services to retail investors in China. Through its subsidiary, Shenzhen Genius Information Technology Co. Ltd., the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic financial, research, academic and regulatory institutions. China Finance Online also provides brokerage services in Hong Kong.
About CITIC Securities Co., Ltd.
CITIC Securities Co., Ltd. is the largest securities firm in China by total assets and market share with 271.4 billion RMB in total assets. Underwriting a total of 213.8 billion RMB, CITIC ranked No. 2 in equity underwriting and No. 1 in fixed income underwriting in 2013. Managing over 504.9 billion RMB, CITIC also ranked No. 1 in asset management. CITIC is the parent company of CLSA Asia Pacific Markets. CITIC is CITIC Group’s securities arm and CITIC Group is one of China’s largest state-owned financial conglomerates.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “future,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates” and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our prospect on the newly launched web-based securities trading platform, “Zhengquantong (“Securities Master”)”, and its integration with our existing financial services and CITIC’s trading and settlement system;
- our prospect on the growth of our financial platform and online trading capabilities;
- our prospect on transferring CITIC’s and our user bases to the newly launched securities trading platform as well as expanding and attracting new users;
- our prospect on the collaboration with CITIC and our partners in wealth management, investment advisory and other value-added internet finance service offerings; and
- the market prospect of the business of internet finance.
Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, which risks and uncertainties include, among others, the following:
- the changing customer needs, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven condition of the world and Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the impact of the changing conditions of the Chinese stock market, Hong Kong stock market and global financial market on our future performance;
- the unpredictability of our strategic transformation and growth of new businesses, including our online securities trading services and platform;
- the degree to which our strategic collaborations with partners will yield successful outcome;
- the prospect of integrating Yinglibao with our newly launched web-based securities trading platform;
- the prospect for China’s high-net-worth and middle-class households;
- the prospect of equipping our customer specialists with new technology, tools and financial knowledge;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of internet finance and online securities trading;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.
Further information regarding these and other risks is included in the Company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F under “Forward-Looking Information” and “Risk Factors”. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.