– ‘BIO KOREA 2015’, a professional convention for the health industry, will be held at the COEX Exhibition Center from April 8 to 10
– The 10th anniversary of BIO KOREA is expected to open a stage for exchange for the health industry through global networking
SEOUL, South Korea, March 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — BIO KOREA is celebrating its 10th anniversary as a convention to share the latest information and technology in the health industry and to establish corporate partnerships among global experts. ‘BIO KOREA 2015’ will be held at the COEX Exhibition Center in Samseong-dong, Seoul, Korea from April 8th to 10th.
For the past 10 years, BIO KOREA, hosted by the Korea Health Industry Development Institute and Chungbuk Province, has established a global network with many companies and institutions from around the world to support the event’s international technology and product exchange activities, and transformed it into the largest health industry convention in Asia. BIO KOREA 2014 hosted about 20,000 participants and 470 companies from 40 nations around the world, providing a networking venue for experts and researchers of the world’s health industry.
BIO KOREA 2015 is preparing conferences, which consist of various topics, business forums and exhibitions to offer opportunities to meet the present and future of the global bio industry.
Many global pharmaceutical companies like Amway, Astrazeneca, Eli Lilly and Company, GSK, J&J, Novartis, Sanofi, and Pfiza, and major Korean companies like Chongkundang, Daewoong Pharm, Dong-A ST, JW Pharmaceutical, LG Life Sciences, Samsung Bioepis, and SK Chemical have joined the event for many years, and hospitals, research institutes and government organizations have participated continuously.
BIO KOREA offers a great opportunity for overseas companies looking for advancement into Korea. With extensive government support in the health industry, Korean companies have been growing rapidly, and this is a place where all of them gather together once a year to find potential business partners. Companies interested in Korean technologies, products and markets can check the status of and prospects in the Korean industry at BIO KOREA.
Conferences with 11 topics such as, health IT, vaccine, stem cell, technology licensing and more will be simultaneously conducted for in-depth discussions. Details on BIO KOREA 2015 are available on the official website (www.biokorea.org). Companies and individuals that wish to participate in the conferences and business forum (1:1 business meeting) can register on the website until March 25.
An authority from the Executive Office of BIO KOREA said, "We are preparing to share the venue with ‘MEDICAL KOREA 2015 Global Healthcare and Medical Tourism Conference’, as well as other health industry related events, and to operate it as ‘2015 BIO & MEDICAL KOREA Week,‘" and added that, "We expect to have more participants share the same interest in the health industry, and having many related events in one place will create great synergy. We also wish to have many people come and celebrate the 10th anniversary of BIO KOREA."
April 9 (Thur), 09:30~17:30 / Room.308
Therapeutic Antibodies and Beyond
1. Development of Antibody Drug Conjugates
2. Development of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell Therapy
3. Technology Development for the Development of Therapeutic Antibodies
April 10 (Fri), 13:00~17:30 / Room.307
1. Current Industrial Status and Commercialization of Medical Devices
April 9 (Thur), 09:30~17:30 / Room.307
Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine)
1. Recent Trends in Stem Cells Therapies and Regenerative Medicine Industry
2. Establishing a Global Alliance in Regenerative Medicine Industry
3. A Joint Business Model of a Korean-Foreign Companies
April 10 (Fri), 10:00~12:00 / Room.307
Vaccine Development and Delivery
1. Vaccine Development and Delivery
April 9 (Thur), 09:30~12:30 / Room.401
Global Healthcare Meets Health IT
1. Challenges and Opportunities in Health IT as New Growth Engine
2. Internet of Things Practical View of the Health Care Industry
April 8 (Wed), 13:00~17:30 / Room.308
1. Recent Biotech Patent Cases of Korea and USA
2. Countermeasures Nagoya Protocol on the biotechnology industry
April 8(Wed), 13:00~17:30 / Room. 307
Technology Innovation / The Entrepreneurship Boot Camp 2015
1. From Local Innovation to Global Collaborations
April 8 (Wed), 13:00~17:55 / Room.318
International Symposium on Technology Commercialization
1. Boston Cluster R&D Innovative Commercialization Model, CIMIT Overview
2. Texas Cluster R&D Innovative Commercialization Model, TMC Overview
3. Success Story of Research Innovation and Technology Commercialization Collaboration Model
4. Move Forward to the Korean Healthcare Innovation Ecosystem
April 8 (Wed)~9 (Thur) / Room.327
Finance (Hi Korea Invest Fair 2015)
1. Asia Bio-health Business Trend and Cooperation Strategy for Global Investment Activation
2. Investment Selection Point of Korean Venture Capitalists and Investment Attracting Strategy for Companies
April 10 (Fri), 13:00~17:20 / Room.308
1. Introduction of bidding on medical devices of various institutions in Korea and participation in international supply market of medical devices
April 9 (Thu), 09:00~16:55 / Room.300
The 4th Global Pharmaceutical Key Opinion Leaders (GPKOL) International Symposium 2015 (Pharm Fair 2015)
1. Developing clinical trial strategies from the sponsor’s perspectives2. Trends in clinical trial design and project Management
3. Clinical trials from regulator’s perspectives
For a PDF version of the schedule above, please click here:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bio-korea-2015-to-be-held-on-april-8-as-a-stage-for-exchange-for-the-global-health-industry-300055692.html