PINEHURST, N.C., June 19, 2015 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Assisi Animal Health is the creator of the Assisi Loop TM, a PEMF treatment for dogs, cats and horses. The Loop is a non-pharmaceutical and anti-inflammatory device (NPAID) that can help cure chronic wounds and treat Wobblers, IVDD and other medical conditions.
According to Assisi Animal Health, recent studies indicate that fungal infections are a serious risk for dogs that frequently play in water. One of the more common infections is from Blastomyces dermatitidis, which is a fungus that lives in moist soils that border swamps, ponds and other waterways.
These fungi thrive in many regions of the United States. They cause blastomycosis, an illness that affects both dogs and humans. Symptoms of blastomycosis include:
– Lymph Nodes: Blastomycosis causes lymph nodes to become large and inflamed.
– Lungs: Blastomycosis typically affects the lungs first, but it can spread to other tissues. Coughing is an early symptom of infection, but if left untreated, the disease can cause cyanosis, tachypnea and other respiratory complications.
– Eyes: Lesions appear in the eyes of just less than half of canines that contract blastomycosis. A fast response can help prevent loss of vision. Early symptoms include conjunctivitis, aqueous flare and uveitis.
Early detection is the key to a positive prognosis. Veterinarians use antifungal medication to treat blastomycosis, which include:
Your vet may also prescribe complementary care for inflammation and other symptoms. The Assisi Loop TM is an inflammation treatment that has no negative side effects.
There are certain factors that make preventing blastomycosis difficult. First, the fungus is usually confined to a small area, so it may be difficult to locate. Also, there is no accurate way to detect the fungus in soil. However, pet owners can take the following steps to reduce the likelihood that their animals contract blastomycosis:
– If you hear of a blastomycosis infection, prevent your dog from swimming near swamps and natural waterways.
– If you are aware of areas with infected soil, make sure your dog avoids them.
– Watch out for symptoms of the illness.
Assisi Animal Health’s clinical solutions complete the Circle of Care TM — the collaboration of veterinarians and owners in animal health and healing. Our company helps veterinary professionals and owners improve the quality of life for companion animals using the Assisi Loop, the non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical healing device that is based on the same FDA-cleared technology used on humans. The device uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce pain and swelling, and to enhance recovery.
The Assisi Loop. Proven Science. Positive Results. TM
For more information, visit our website: www.assisianimalhealth.com.
Media Contact: Kaysie Dannemiller, Assisi Animal Health, 1-866-830-7342, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Assisi Animal Health