NEW YORK, July 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ —
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (NYSE: GOL). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http: //www.aciassociation.com/?c=GOL
Highlights from our GOL Report include:
- Recent Strategic transactions – On July 10, 2015, GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A. reported that its controlling shareholder Fundo de Investimento em Participações Volluto (“Volluto”) and Delta Air Lines, Inc. have agreed to make a joint equity investment in GOL of up to $146 million.
- Strategic Intent – The release highlighted that Volluto has agreed for the equity investment $90 million in order to exercise its preemptive rights to own c. 61% of the new shares of GOL in the capital increase, and also to allocate Delta its preemptive rights to subscribe for any remaining shares, after all other shareholders have exercised their preemptive rights. Further, for an aggregate investment of up to US$56 million Delta agreed to exercise its preemptive rights to hold c. 2.9% of the new shares in the capital increase, and to exercise the preemptive rights assigned to it by Volluto to subscribe for additional shares remaining after the exercise of preemptive rights by all other shareholders. Moreover, all preferential shareholders of GOL, except for holders of preferred shares in the form of ADRs, will be allowed to exercise their preemptive rights to subscribe for a portion of the newly issued shares equivalent to their existing shareholdings, pursuant to the by-laws of GOL.
- GOL Term Loan Guaranteed by Delta – Under an agreement between Volluto and Delta, the latter has also agreed to guarantee a term loan to be entered into by GOL with third party lenders of up to $300 million. GOL will also provide a security interest in common shares of Smiles S.A. to Delta to secure any payments made by Delta on behalf of GOL. The Delta guarantee, to be arranged by Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc., will be subject to certain conditions including the negotiation of definitive documentation.
- Extension of Commercial Arrangements with Delta – GOL and Delta have also agreed to further increase the duration of their existing strategic, long-term commercial cooperation agreements with exclusive options intended to strengthen the cooperation and synergies between both the companies, and also to extend their commercial arrangements related to aircraft maintenance services.
- Boosting financial strength – The above-mentioned strategic transactions are aimed to further strengthen the strategic partnership of GOL and Delta and to substantially enhance the financial position and liquidity of GOL. Further, the consummation of each of the strategic transactions is subject to conditions, including the execution and delivery of definitive documentation, regulatory approvals from the Brazilian antitrust authority, and other customary closing conditions.
To find out how this influences our rating on Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A., read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=GOL
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association (“ACI Association”) produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the “Author”) and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the “Reviewer”). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the “CFA®”), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the “Production Team”) in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the “Publishers”) are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.