JOHOR BAHRU, The power supply disruption at the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (BSI CIQ) Complex and Johor Bahru Sentral today, has been fully restored at 9.13 this morning.
Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB), in a statement, said that it has carried out scheduled maintenance work at the Gerbang Perdana power processing unit (PPU) substation, Johor Bahru, starting at 8 pm on Tuesday (5 Dec) until early this morning.
While the maintenance works were carried out, a temporary power supply was supplied using 10 generator sets belonging to BSI, so that there would be no interruption of supply during that period.
“However, the investigation found that there had been an issue with one of the generators, which resulted in a supply disruption at the CIQ building.
“TNB takes note of the Johor government's proposal to consider alternative sources, to further strengthen the electricity supply system to the CIQ complex, as voiced by the state Works, Transport and Infrastructure Committee chairman Mohamad Fazli Mohammad Salleh,” read the statement.
TNB also works closely with BSI management to ensure the security and stability of power supply to the complex and its surroundings, it said.
Earlier, Mohamad Fazli was quoted as saying that, although there was a power outage, it did not affect the movement of travellers between the two countries (Malaysia and Singapore) as there were other routes which had been prepared.
Prior to that, Menteri Besar Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi, in a Facebook post, ordered TNB and the Public Works Department to immediately resolve the issue of electricity disruption in the building, which also affected JB Sentral.
Based on the comments on the Menteri Besar's post, most users also complained and regretted the incident, because they, especially the elderly and children, had to queue in the heat for a long time.
Source: BERNAMA News Agency